Today's Course Conditions
Thursday, April 22nd.
The Golf Course will open at 7:30 A.M. All of the greens are back open from aeration that was completed on 4/7/21.
Longshore Golf Course 2021 Opening Local Rules:
Below is a detailed list of all local rules that have been put in place in response to the current pandemic. We ask that all customers please read these rules carefully before booking a tee time or coming to Longshore this season. All details that follow are subject to change. Please note that neglect of these rules may result in closure of the facility.
General Property Info:
- Social distancing must be maintained while on the property. All players must maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from each other.
- All customers must wear a face covering during check-in. Players may remove face coverings during their round only while maintaining distances of 6 feet or more.
- The pro shop is open for merchandise purchases. Capacity is limited to 4 customers at a time. The locker rooms/restrooms are open. The halfway house will be open beginning April 1st.
- Restrooms will be available through porta-johns in our usual locations (7th and 13th holes), as well as the halfway house and pro shop. These will be cleaned several times a day for your safety.
- Carts will be available on a first come, first served basis. Golf cart usage will be double rider. People from the same household will not be required to wear masks while sharing the cart. Those from different households must wear masks while riding in the cart and the same person should be driving the entire time. A new fee has been implemented for single rider carts.
- Practice range, practice green, and practice bunker are open. Customers must bring exact change cash ($6) for range balls.
- To keep our facility as safe as possible, players must leave immediately after their round (no congregating in parking lot).
- Tee times will be at 10-minute intervals. The no show policy will be strictly enforced.
- All players must have a reservation. No walk up play will be allowed. All reservations must be made through our online reservation system or smart phone application, including same day play. No telephone reservations will be accepted. Same day reservations may be made up to one hour prior to the desired tee time.
- Check-in will be handled at the window to the left of the front pro shop entrance. Signage and ground markings will direct customers where to go.
- Payments for golf must be made through credit cards or pre-purchased gift certificates. A swipe will be provided at the window for customers to swipe their card while the staff handles the remainder of the transaction through the window. Receipts will be given through the bottom of the window.
- Scorecards and pencils will be available.
- Flagsticks may be removed. Foam inserts will be placed in the hole for those wishing to not touch the flagstick. It is suggested that a shot is considered “holed” when the ball hits the foam. Once it is a player’s turn to putt, he or she should continue putting until they have holed out. This will help keep social distancing and promote pace of play.
- Bunker rakes will be available. We ask that players not comfortable with touching the rakes to smooth sand with their feet after using bunkers.
- Water fountains, ball washers, and trash cans will not be available. If you choose to bring anything that produces trash, please place in your golf bag and dispose of at home.
Although we will continue to sanitize and make every effort to provide a healthy environment, PLEASE MAKE RESPONSIBLE DECISIONS, BASED ON YOUR PERSONAL RISK PROFILE, ON WHETHER TO EXPOSE YOURSELF TO OTHERS AND THE GOLF COURSE.
We will continue to provide outdoor recreation to our customers during this heightened alert period as long as everyone obeys the above safety practices. We will continue to monitor the recommendations by the CDC, local, state and national authorities and keep you updated on changes at the course. IF YOU, A FAMILY MEMBER OR SOMEONE YOU HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH HAS RESPIRATORY SYMPTOMS, PARTICULARLY A FEVER, PLEASE DO NOT VISIT LONGSHORE.